Acquiring defense industry certifications is a necessary step towards being recognized by the U.S. Government as a certified CNC machining supplier for the defense industry. It is an honor that requires specific and critical qualifications. Our team, led by Tim B., has been hard at work implementing the proper procedures to ensure we are ready and able to serve the Department of Defense. Read on to learn more about the high-level qualifications that allow us to serve the defense industry.
Cybersecurity: NIST 800.171 Compliant
With 110 controls included in the standard, NIST 800.171 is an overall cybersecurity control structure that ensures Toolcraft Machining is equipped with topnotch security within and throughout our facility. By having this standard, the U.S. Government recognizes that our security system is capable of properly receiving and storing the content included in defense work. In addition to these credentials, our team is also working towards becoming CMMC certified. Read more about our compliance HERE.
Preparing for the Future
The CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification) is an upcoming requirement for DIB (Defense Industrial Base) companies who participate in DOD/DND work. This certification serves as a verification mechanism to ensure that DIB companies implement appropriate cybersecurity practices and processes to protect Federal Contract Information (FCI) and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) within their unclassified networks. The CMMC is part of the future of defense work, and Toolcraft is moving quickly to secure our position in that future.
- A Step Above: Toolcraft’s Machining Experts Score CMMC Compliance
- The Halfway Point – Toolcraft Continues To Combat The Industrial Manufacturing Labor Shortage
- Manufacturing Safety: How Toolcraft’s Commitment Nurtures Employee Culture
- Tighter Tolerances, Increased Security, and Strict Quality Standards: Why Toolcraft is Your Ideal Partner for Aerospace CNC Machining
- How 5 Axis Machining Improves Your Projects